When a Page Title Changes, Manually Update Menu Link Title
If you edit a Page Title, the Menu link title does not automatically change. You will need to manually update the Menu link title.
(* = required field)
1. Go to Structure > Menus in the main navigation menu.
2. Select List links in the Operations column next to the Menu you want to edit.
3. Select Edit in the Operations column next to the Menu link you want to edit.
4. On the Edit menu link page, you'll see the following fields.
- Link*: Internal and external links can be added.
- For links to list pages, simply enter the appropriate URL (e.g., /news) from the List Page URLs quick guide.
- <nolink>: This option can also be added to the Link field so that the top menu item does not link to a page, but is essentially a menu category. Simply enter <nolink> into this field. This option is useful when you do not want to create what is often referred to as a 'landing page" (that gives a brief overview of all content in a section). Example of a menu with no links in the main navigation: Duke Office of the University Registrar
- Enabled checkbox: When selected, the link will appear in the menu. Deselect this checkbox if you no longer want this link to appear in the menu.
- Description: The text in this field will appear when a user hovers over the menu link.
- Show as expanded checkbox: When selected, any children of a menu link will display if a user clicks on the parent menu item.
- Menu link title*: This is the text of the menu link and generally, it is the page title. If a page title is very long, then we recommend shortening the menu link title to help ease the cognitive load for users.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you edit a Page Title, the Menu link title does not automatically change. You will need to manually update the Menu link title.
- Parent link: Select the parent for the menu link. Only the main navigation menu can have nested (e.g., parent/child) links.
- Weight: You do not have to change or edit this field. While this field value positions the menu link within the menu, we find it easier to rearrange menu links using Drupal's drag and drop feature.
- Save: Be sure to save the menu link.