Content includes not just text, but also media and files. Duke offers various services to assist you.
Content creation and storage
University Communications resources
Content Migration Tips
Moving content into a Sites Pro website is a manual process and can be time-intensive. The following tips can help speed up your migration effort:
- Complete a content inventory and audit early on.
- Create all content before you start migrating. You can save text, images, and files to your box.duke.edu account ahead of time.
- Block off time on your calendar, and enlist the help of trusted colleagues, interns, or students.
- Decide whether there is any content that does not have to be migrated. If you have a lot of old, historical content, consider whether it all needs to be accessible online.
- Keep your Page and Story layouts basic. You can always come back to add content blocks and formatting later.
Integrations with Other Services
Sites@Duke Pro includes integrations with various Duke enterprise systems and third-party services – such as the Duke Event Calendar, Qualtrics, and Scholars@Duke. Many of these services offer their own user documentation.
View the full list of active integrations on the Sites Pro website, with links to their respective sites for more information.
Best Practices & Third-Party Tools
- Broken link checker free tool
- Can I use that picture? infographic (from The Visual Communication Guy)
- Google Analytics help
- Google Search Console: getting started
- Icons – please confirm cost and attribution requirements before using:
- Kuali Build
- SecureIt: Duke's collaborative work tools finder