Resources are additional information that users can explore – e.g. files, URLs, audio, video, and descriptive text. They can be uploaded to your site, or you can link to a resource hosted on an external site.
A Resources list page is generated automatically. It displays all Resources at-a-glance and can be filtered by category.
Users must have the Resource Creator or Resource Reviewer roles to access this feature.
Add a Resource
(* = required field)
1. In the Drupal admin menu, go to Content > Add Content > Resource.
2. Enter required Title*.
3. If the Resource's content already lives on another webpage, add an Alternate Link.
- If the Resource item is hosted on another site (e.g., PDF on a government website), you can put the link to the item here, using the format http://example.com, and the Title will link to this URL.
- For internal links, start typing the title of a piece of content to select it.
4. Upload a Thumbnail Image by clicking the Add Media button.
- Allowed types: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, svg.
- This image will appear on the List Page and Resource List content block, but not on the Resource item page itself. You will need to add the image to Description field if you would like it to appear there.
5. Add a Last Modified Date.
6. Enter a Summary that will appear in lists.
7. Enter a Description of the resource. You can use the WYSIWYG to add images, links, and other content.
- This is where you can add a file – either via the “Insert from Media Library” button, or by linking directly to a file that already exists in the Media Library, following the instructions for linking to images or files on Add Links.
8. Add Owners to the Document.
- Owners do not display on the front-end of your website. The purpose of this field is to inform content editors about who to contact if there are questions or document revisions are needed.
9. Choose all applicable Categories.
- Categories are used for filtering items on the Resources list page or Resource List content block.
10. Click Save to publish to the website or deselect published checkbox to save as a draft.
- You can access Unpublished content on the administrative side of your site in the Content section.
Click on the item below to view a live example of a Resource item.