A Button is a clickable box with editable text used to make a link more prominent.
Create Accessible Buttons
Avoid buttons that say, "Read more", "See all", and "Click here" since this provides no context for where the link is taking a user. Instead, use more descriptive link text, such as "Register for TechExpo" or "View all Events".
Add a Button
(* = required field)
2. Enter an Administrative Title.
3. Enter a URL, where the button will link to.
- Internal links: use the type ahead field to select a piece of content, or enter a relative path, such as /page-title
- External link: https://example.com
- Email addresses: mailto:email@example.com
- Media items: sites/default/files/[filename.ext]
- First, upload the item through the Media Library.
- Then, edit the item, and click the filename link.
- The media item will open in a new browser window, with a URL like https://yoursite-content.cloud.duke.edu/sites/default/files/filename.pdf. Copy everything after "yoursite-content.duke.edu/" and use this value in your Button's URL field.
4. Add Link Text that will display on the button.
- Make link text accessible by informing a user of where the link will take them. Read more about Link text accessibility via WebAIM.
- Avoid "Read more", "See all", and "Click here" as button text.
5. Select Button Alignment to determine where the button will display within the content area.