Pages typically make up the bulk of site content. They are informational consisting of content and media with a layout that can be customized by site editors.
Add a Page
(* = required field)
1. Go to Content in the main navigation menu, and select the Add Content button.
2. Select Page from the Add Content page.
3. Enter required Title*.
4. If applicable, enable Shibboleth access.
If Shibboleth is enabled, a Duke user must log in with their NetID to view the page. Anyone with a NetID will be able to access it. This will keep the page out of search engines, but is not appropriate for restricted or sensitive content.
Note: If you enable Shibboleth Access, the URL of the page will have "/secure" added to it so that the URL pattern will be /secure/[url-alias].
5. Choose all applicable Categories.
- Categories applied to Pages are used for creating Page Lists. If you need to add or revise Categories, refer to the Taxonomies documentation.
6. Add an optional Hero.
ADD CONTENT BLOCKS
Pages are made up of Content Blocks. You can add any number of content blocks to a page. When you create a new Page, a Content Box displays by default. You can use, collapse, move, or delete it as needed.
- Adding and arranging Content Blocks
- List of available Content Blocks
- Visual guide of Content Block examples.
1. Click Save to publish to the website or deselect published checkbox to save as a draft.
- You can access Unpublished content on the administrative side of your site in the Content section.