Similar to News, Stories are for longer-form content. With more layout options than News, the layout can be configured by site editors using Content Blocks.
A Stories list page is generated automatically and displays all stories at-a-glance and can be filtered by category.
Add a Story
(* = required field)
1. Go to Content in the main navigation menu, and select the Add Content button.
2. Select Story from the Add Content page.
3. Enter required Title* .
4. Add additional information as desired.
- Author(s) . For Authors, you can add a new author  or Add an existing author .
ADD A NEW AUTHOR
Adding an author creates a Profile on the site for that author.
1. Fill out required Full Name*  and Last Name*.
- External Profile checkbox: select this if you do not want the author to be included on the Profile list view page.
- Example use case: This is helpful when someone who is in another department at Duke or outside of Duke writes a News item, but they don't need to be on the Profile List page.
- Last Name field: The Last Name field is used for alphabetizing profiles on the Profiles list page.
2. Add additional details as desired.
ADD AN EXISTING AUTHOR
If the person who is writing the Story item already has a Profile, then select the Add existing author  button.
1. Search for and select an existing author .
2. Click the Add author button.
When an Author leaves
Deleting authors is not recommended.
Instead, keep the item attributed to the person who wrote it, and don't delete their Profile. You could edit their Profile bio to indicate they are no longer there, and the Profile can also be marked “external” to remove it from any Profile listings.
If an author profile is deleted, the Story item would remain, but no author would display on the front end. It would not get reassigned automatically to another author.
Add Media and Content
1. Enter Date* .
2. Add a Featured Image .
- The Featured Image will display on the Stories page (/stories), in Story Lists, and will be the prominent image on an individual Story.
- Image Guidelines: Image should be horizontal, and display at approx. 500px wide
3. Add an optional Summary .
- Summaries are displayed on the Stories page (/stories), in Story Lists, and on the search results page.
4. Choose all applicable Categories  .
- Categories applied to Stories are used for filtering them on the Stories list page. If you need to add or revise Categories, refer to the Taxonomies documentation.
- Categories are also used to populate the Related Stories section on the bottom of an individual Story item. Other Story items tagged with the same Category term will display.
Add Content Blocks
Story pages are made up of Content Blocks. You can add any number of content blocks to a Story. When you create a new Story, a Content Box displays by default. You can use, collapse, move, or delete it as needed.
Learn more about adding and arranging Content Blocks. View the list of Content Blocks and a visual guide of Content Block examples (note that not all Content Blocks are available on the Story content type).
1. Click Save to publish to the website or deselect published checkbox to save as a draft.
- You can access Unpublished content on the administrative side of your site in the Content section.