Blog Posts are discussions or commentary about various topics, often in informal diary-style text entries (posts) written by one or multiple authors. Blog posts are different than News Articles.
Add a Blog Post
(* = required field)
1. Go to Content in the main navigation menu, and select the Add Content button.
2. Select Blog Post from the Add Content page.
3. Enter required Title* 
4. Add new or existing authors .
Add a New Author
Adding an author  creates a Profile on the site for that author (for more information, see Profile documentation).
1. Fill out required Full Name* and Last Name* .
- External Profile checkbox: select this if you do not want the author to be included on the Profile List page.
- Example use case: This is helpful when someone who is in another department at Duke or outside of Duke writes a Blog Post, but they don't need to be on the Profile List page.
2. Add additional details as desired.
ADD AN EXISTING AUTHOR
If the person who is writing the Blog Post already has a Profile, then select the Add existing author  button.
1. Search for and select an existing author .
2. Click the Add author button.
When an author leaves
Deleting authors is not recommended.
Instead, keep the post attributed to the person who wrote it, and don't delete their Profile. You could edit their Profile bio to indicate they are no longer there, and the Profile can also be marked “external” to remove it from any Profile listings.
If an author profile is deleted, the post would remain, but no author would display on the front end. The post would not get reassigned automatically to another author.
Add Media and Content
1. Enter Date* .
2. Add Featured Image .
- The Featured Image will display on the Blog page (/blog), in Blog Post Lists, and will be the prominent image on an individual Blog Post.
- Image Guidelines: Image should be horizontal, and display at approx. 500px wide
3. Enter Blog Post text into Body .
4. Hit Edit Summary to add a short summary .
- Summaries are displayed for teasers and list views.
- If no summary text is added to Edit Summary, the first 255 characters from the Body field will be displayed.
5. Add Optional Slideshow .
- Additional images and captions can be added to the Blog Post via the Slideshow.
1. Choose all applicable Categories .
- Categories applied to Blog Posts are used to filter them on the Blog Posts list page and can be used when placing Blog Post lists on a Page. If you need to add or revise Categories, refer to the Taxonomies documentation.
Example of Blog Post page (with optional slideshow)
Example of Blog Post List Page