For Advanced Users:
The Page content type offers a couple search engine optimization (SEO) features. These are available under the Meta Tags section of a page.
Helpful SEO Tips
Keep your Page title to 65 characters or less and your Description to 160 characters or less. The number of characters includes spaces.
Search engines typically shorten Page titles and Descriptions that are longer than this in their search results.
Edit Meta Tags
1. Go to a page you've created.
2. Open the Meta Tags expand/collapse section on the right-hand side of the page.
3. You can edit the Page title and Description.
- Page title: Currently, whatever you've entered as the Title for your Page is what is used for the Page title Meta Tag. You can edit the Meta Tag for this, especially if your page title is very long.
- Delete the text, "[node:title]", and add your own title.
- Keep your Page title to 65 characters or less (including spaces) since search engines will generally shorten titles longer than this in search results.
- Description: Currently, there is no summary or description on Pages, so the Description Meta Tag will be empty. The Description can be used by search engines to display in search results.
- Delete the text, "[node:summary]", and add your own description.
- Keep your Description to 160 characters or less (including spaces) since search engines will generally shorten descriptions longer than this in search results.
4. Do not use the Abstract and Keywords fields since they are no longer used by most search engines.
5. Be sure to Save any changes you make.